Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dominic De Silva - How To Defend Against Scammers

It was really obvious when someone is scamming or not. When I was a newbie online, there are so many offers and looks really convincing. So good to be true but once you know it you've been scammed. The reason I wrote this article is to reveal scam attack online.
I was once fooled but not again. I have this customer in ebay and he really want to buy my product. So, I decided to end the bid and give it to him. Beyond my knowledge he used stolen credit card and completed the transaction.

The problem began when the paypal had a chargeback on me. So I look up my transactions and revealed because of the date attached in ebay. I called the paypal immediately and found out that the transaction is using stolen credit card and the owner was refunded. I insist that it's not my problem if the card was stolen and other are using their card. It's the owners responsibility to take care of the card.

The paypal didn't listen my explanation and instead they refunded the charge and its worth $112. It was my lost and I really hate to be a seller. You should be aware on the scammed in ebay. I asked my IT consultant and he knows how it works.

They should have a third party, this mean they have other online store and if the customer purchase their store. Then they are going to buy it like ebay. All the information in their store are fake and the use of it is to deliver this to the one who purchased there store. The purchaser don't know if that seller came from ebay or anywhere else, as long as the item is receive then he/she is safe. All the burden is in the seller's of ebay.

Dominic De Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment